How to stabilize the table for ILM module 3
May 24, 2018
This article is addressed to the Ilan Lev method practitioners.
We all know that to give module 3, many massage tables can fold a bit in the middle. So there is a need to stabilize the table to avoid this.
After many experiments, this is the most efficient solution I have found that works.
It is a foldable staff that keep the opposite legs of the table far from each other. One staff is enough to stabilize the whole structure.
When the staff is folded fit inside the table so it can be easily carried with the table.
What do you need to build the staff
- 4x Allen Key Screws M6x40mm
- 2x Wing Nut M6
- 4x Penny washer M6x25mm
- 1x wood strip 20x30x2000 (to cut in 3 pieces of 660,6 mm)
How to do it
- Cut the wood strip in 3 pieces of 660,6 mm
- Make 4 holes where the screws can pass through (two on each side)
- Overlap the two pieces to create one staff 171cm long. When my table is open this is the distance between the two opposite legs. I suggest you measure your distance before making the holes.
- on each side, I have added the second screw just to stabilize and avoid any kind of possible movement.
The cost of the materials is less than 5€.
A big thank goes to my father Fiorenzo Casiraghi with all his intelligence about mechanics that helped me a lot to figure out how to solve this issue.
24 May 2018